Bartender, I’ll have a… well it’s summer, so let’s say Grey Goose Dirty Martini with blue cheese olives. Yeah, that sounds lovely.
(Editor’s Note: It was summer when she wrote it. And that drink is still delicious. It stays.)
I’m SURE you remember me from such Factory shows as… As a writer…well..co-writer with the glorious Corrbette Pasko – TELL ME SHE’S NOT GLORIOUS!
• The League of Awesome! (Summer – 2010)
• 30 Days In the Rabbit Hole (Abbie Hoffman – 2014)
• Zombie Broads (TBA)
As an actor
• Rapid Fire (Abbie Hoffman)
• Top Shelf Gash, wait can I say that? Ok ok. Top Shelf… Better?
• Bustin’ Out of the Hell
• The League of Awesome!
• Hey! Dancin’!
• 30 Days In the Rabbit Hole (Abbie)
Stage managed Goooo! Speech Team!, produced Ren Faire! A Fistful of Ducats. and served as Marketing Director for a bit. What can I say, I fucking love this company.
I got involved with the Factory because… I was a stalker for many years. I had never experienced an ensemble of women that were so fearless, and dirty, and delicious, and quick-witted, and shameless, and everything in the world that I wanted to be as an artist. The men were pretty fierce, too. ~grins~
My current/next gig is… Co-writing Zombie Broads with Corrbette Pasko. It will be in The Factory Theater’s new space, and it’s zombie. I face my fears head-on for this company, bitches! I’m also currently filming a feature film, ‘The Year That Changed Us’ directed by Kyle Henry. Besides the amazing Penelope Walker and Johnny Mars, I get to be married to Antoine McKay. That’s right. BUNKY!
I give a shit about our move to Rogers Park because… it’s about damn time that we were back in our own space. I’ve loved all the places we’ve been able to produce, but this is crazy exciting. I mean…the ability to have your own theater space? To set your calendar based on what’s best for your company? To move into an area that is revitalizing their own arts scene? There’s nothing better than that.
If I had to force you to listen to 2 albums, they would be…
• Déjà Vu (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young) – the whole thing. DO IT!
• Temptation (Holly Cole) – a cover album of Tom Waits. It’s everything.
My favourite Factory memory is… Guh so many…I’m pullin’ an Angie and bullet pointin’ this shit!
• Enjoy Lawsuits! (Walker in Top Shelf…) Well okay pretty much everything with that show but most especially back stage – the boob dance that Corri and I did every night during the romantic dance OKen and Erin were having on stage. We’ll show you if you ask.
• Trying to break Corri every time I came out as an Apostle Roberta in Bustin’ – especially the bunny hop.
• Eat it and Die – (Hey! Dancin’) and also any time I was able to yell at Anderson in that show.
• Slow motion running in League. Everything.
• ‘Look! Noodles!’ and ‘No! Nooo way’ ~wipes hands~ ‘Now that THAT’s taken care of’ (Jon Sevigny in ‘Namosaur!)
• The Merkin Jason Lubow forced me to wear in Rapid Fire for the streaking bit.
• Every single bit of White Trash Wedding and a Funeral, The League of Awesome, Hotel Aphrodite, and Ren Faire! A Fistful of Ducats.
I’m switching drinks, I’ll have a… Factory Red. Wait, we don’t get those anymore? Then a Bulleit Manhattan. Just one. Then, switch to a Laguanita’s Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’. Mmmm. Delicious.